Enjoy Fresh Fruits & Veggies
WIC families with a pregnant or postpartum woman and/or children ages 6 months – 5 years will receive $20 worth of checks to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, and cut herbs at WIC-certified Farmers’ Markets in California from July through November. California operates the largest WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program in the nation.
How does the Farmers Market Nutrition Program Work?
- Each check is worth $5.00.
- Farmers cannot give change back to you. If your purchase is less than $5.00, the farmer may add more fruits and vegetables to your purchase. If your purchase is more than $5.00, then you will have to pay the difference.
- The last date to use the checks is November 30.
- Checks cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Handle your checks safely as if they were cash.
- Lost or stolen checks will not be replaced. Please report lost or stolen checks to your WIC agency.
- Damaged checks or checks without serial numbers will not be accepted.
- Farmers may accept cash or Food Stamps EBT to cover the amount over the check value.
- Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks cannot be used at grocery stores.
When can I pick up my Farmers Market checks?
Where can I pick up my Farmers’ Market Checks?
Starting July 1, we will begin distributing the Farmers’ Market checks at the following locations:
Euclid (1655 Euclid Avenue) 1st Wednesday of the Month 5 – 7 p.m.
Oceanside (Pier View Way & North Coast Highway) on Thursdays 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Linda Vista (6939 Linda Vista Road) on Thursdays 3 – 6 p.m.
El Cajon (201 E. Main Street) on Thursdays 3 – 6 p.m.
La Mesa (Date Avenue & University Avenue) on Fridays 2 – 5 p.m.
City Heights (Wightman Street & 43rd Street) on Saturdays 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
What CAN I buy with the Farmers' Market checks?
What Can I NOT buy with the Farmers' Market Checks?
Are the Farmers’ Market checks additional to the monthly WIC checks?
Where can I use my Farmers’ Market Checks?
Can I pick up my checks and use them at a different Farmers’ Market location?
How to Cook with Your Farmers’ Market Foods
Ever wonder what to do with some of those fun foods from the Farmers’ Markets? Check out these websites where you can select a fruit or veggie and get a recipe!